Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Garden Update - 25 November

I was out in the garden this morning with the camera again. I can't believe how things are coming on. Lots of flowers and baby fruit - more photos ;)


Cherry tomato - this is loaded. There's no red ones yet, but they're growing bigger.


Lemon Drop tomato is flowering

Pajero strawberry - this clearly loved being put in the ground, there are these two strawberries, plus about a dozen that are just starting to develop.

Watermelon is starting to flower - it's pollinator plant died, so I'm not sure if they'll actually turn into fruit or what the deal is with that, but we'll see soon...


Pumpkins - they're going gangbusters, one or two are starting to flower

The cornfield is coming along nicely, most of them are around knee high now

Cucumber flowers

The miniature chocolate capsicums are growing - there's these two that are huge, plus around three or four more just starting to grow

The snow pea mess. I've given up on trying to keep them from growing up each other, just trying to stop them trying to grow up the lettuce at the moment. Most of them are starting to train themselves up the fence of their own accord though, so that's good.

Roma tomatoes - some of these are getting enormous, can't wait for them to start to ripen

Even the baby lime is flowering, and forming tiny limes. I'm not expecting a crop this year, but we'll wait and see what it does. It's still putting new leaves on and growing up, so I'm not too concerned about it.

My wild mint patch has gone crazy again - it's spearmint.

Next thing on the list is repotting this lot out - zinnia, nasturtium and marigold, for insect control. Every seed I planted germinated, so we've got plenty.

My salsa capsicum - I thought I'd killed it, but it seems to have revived nicely. Lots of new leaves, around a dozen flowers and at least one tiny little chilli growing...

No comments: